I’m always hesitant to update website software. When I built this version of the site back in 2012 I did a whole lot of customization on the backend. For that reason, I never updated the software running it. I work in software… I know how messy upgrading can be. The core was two major versions old and every plugin was due for an update too. I’m so far behind that the mobile editing application no longer works properly – the final straw. Today was the day.

Performed a quick backup of everything, tapped a few buttons, and VOILA! Within a few minutes we’re in the now. I don’t see anything obviously broken, but please let me know if you uncover issues. Navigation, comments, and general layout stuff would be the most likely places to find bugs.